OnTrajectory just got a little smarter.
When modeling years with negative cash-flow (such as retirement), OnTrajectory has always let you indicate which accounts to draw funds from first
– but now you can leave more of those decisions to us!
Our draw-down logic now takes into account 4 characteristics when automatically selecting an account to pull funds from:
- End Age – Accounts with the lowest End Age used first
- Account Type – Non-Retirement funds used before Retirement funds
- Tax Handling – Non-Tax-Deferred funds used before Tax-Deferred funds
- Account Balance – Account with highest balance used first
This technique ensures that automatic draw-downs maximize both tax savings and minimize early withdrawal penalties – making it easier for you to gain insight into your financial future and see where your money is taking you.
Remember, we are constantly rolling-out new features, so be sure to log on frequently – and don\’t forget to update your progress while you\’re there!